Africa Study Bible
Our Rating: ★★★☆☆
For too long, African Christians have only had access to discipleship and biblical resources from a Western perspective. The heart and soul of Africa that influenced early Christ-followers from the Ethiopian eunuch to Augustine seemed lost in the past.
In 2011, leaders from across the African continent met and decided: a study Bible, an Africa Study Bible, would help bridge the gap of cultural understanding and relevance of the scripture to everyday life in Africa. Finally, Africans have a resource that speaks directly to their heart, revealing the truth and beauty "God's Word through African Eyes".PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
The Africa Study Bible is the most ethnically diverse, single-volume, biblical resource to date. Written by 350 contributors from 50 countries.
- New Living Translation
- More than 2,600 features that illuminate the truth of Scripture with a unique, African perspective
- Book Introductions explain each book's content and connect biblical themes to African perspective
- Application Notes inspire readers to apply biblical truth to everyday life
- Touch Points reveal uniquely African perspectives
- Proverbs and Stories relate Scripture with wisdom from Africa
- Learn Notes teach Christian values and doctrine
- Articles give practical advice on how to live faithfully in 50 essential areas
- A narrative timeline highlights God's work in Africa
- Easy-to-read print
- Topical Concordance and Index
- Full-colour Presentation Section
- Bible Overview Reading Plan
- In-text Maps, Charts and Timelines
- Full-colour Maps
Black Leather: R900
Burgundy Faux Leather: R800
Tan Faux Leather: R800
Pricing subject to change without notice by publishers.